Working out in your fifties is an idea that doesn’t enjoy a huge following. However, 15 or 50, striving to stay fit is the gateway to have a healthier and happier life.
So, old and well settled now, if it finally hit you that you should take care of your fitness level, don’t let that “it’s too late” mentality take away your enthusiasm. It’s never too late to hit the gym; never too late to workout; and, interestingly, never too late to put your out-of-shape friends to shame with your top-notch health condition.
Here are 5 simple fitness tips for women and men in their 50s:
1. Weight Training – At this age, you need strong bones, for which weight training is essential. Now you don’t need to lift like freaks. A simple 15-minutes routine on alternate days is sufficient. Start with 5-8 pound dumbbells and then increase to 8-10 pounds over the course. This will add strength to your bones, increase your metabolism and built your muscles that will subsequently improve your appearance and confidence level.
2. Invest Time In Cardio – Make cardio a part of your daily routine; it has a long line of benefits like stronger heart and lungs, reduced stress, weight loss, increased bone density and more. Understand the need of your body (the safety limits and warning signs) and start with low-intensity exercises and move to moderate/high intensity exercises over the course.
3. Purchase Good Quality Men And Womens Gym Apparel – Today, wearing high-performance gym gear womens and men is no less than essential. To make the most out of your workout sessions, look around for a good online gym womens clothing destination and purchase high-quality wears.
4. Attend Yoga Classes – Helping you balance your emotional and physical health, the western world has finally embraced yoga with open arms. So enroll to yoga classes. From increased flexibility, increased muscle strength and a balanced metabolism to metal peace and better appetite, you’ll feel the difference in just few days of doing yoga.
5. Enjoy – You’re determined to stay fit in your 50s not because it’s an obligation or that everyone is asking you to do, but because you want your health to be in tip-top form. Because you like working out.
So whatever you do to get fit, aim to enjoy all the activities.
These are 5 simple tips for women and men in their 50s to stay fit, healthy and happy. Good Luck!
Audio Version :