Gymnastics is a universal sport that has a wide variety of exercises, adapts to any age, and, most importantly, is a relatively safe activity. Gymnastics has a toning effect on the nervous system, improves metabolic processes, and stimulates the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. Moreover, this sport supports the mobility of joints and prevents osteoporosis. Finally, gymnastics stimulates the immune system, improves mental performance, and helps to overcome stress.
Here, we are talking about a complex sport that is especially beneficial for children, as it aims to develop all physical capabilities of a child: strength, endurance, coordination, speed, agility, and flexibility. It also shapes character and teaches children to be motivated and hardworking.
It’s also advised for older people to practice some gymnastics. After all, it helps to prevent and treat several diseases caused by age-related changes in the body, joint wear, injuries, and a sedentary lifestyle.
Regular physical activity, in general, helps any person at any age to keep the body in shape, which is the key to good health. To do basic gymnastics exercises, you don’t need to go to the gym or any sports area. You can do them at home. It will take no more than 15-30 minutes, and you will notice the effect even after a week of regular exercise!
Comfortable And Trendy Gymnastics Clothing: 101
Now, let’s talk about professional gymnastics and clothing for it. What does one need to start doing gymnastics as a pro? Strong will, a desire to get more and more skillful, proper equipment and suitable clothing. However, the last one can be difficult – there are way too many options on the market today. Every option is good enough for one kind of gymnastics – sports, artistic, team, and circus.
How to pick the proper gymnastics clothing, what to look for in a leotard or a suit, how to define high quality from a substandard item? Well, there are some basic rules for picking any outfit, including sports one:
- Look for trendy colors. If you perform at a pro-level, you might need to stand out. One of the ways to do this is to choose an outfit in trendy colors. For example, the Pantone Color of the year 2020 is Classic Blue, so you can try and find some blue leotards that will be classy and up-to-date.
- If you are not sure about the design, go for a minimalistic one. In some kinds of gymnastics, for example, artistic, a sportsman has to wear colorful, bright suits. However, if you are new to this sport and not aiming at any competitions yet, or just want to find something for an everyday training look for minimalistic leotards or gymnastics shorts that will be both practical and beautiful.
- Test the fabric. The proper suit for sports must meet the following criteria: the fabric has to be breathable, stretchy and fit your shape well. So, when choosing an outfit in the store, feel free to stretch the suit, feel the tissue and try it on.
- Lean on the sport you chose your clothes for. Thus, for circus gymnastics, asymmetric suits with sequins and inserts of bright colors will suit perfectly, and for sports gymnastics, a suit in restrained tones will suffice.
Why Is Clothing so Important for Success?
Any professional sportsman will tell you that the right training clothes are the key, not only to successful training but also to healthy limbs. You might wonder – why is this so? The answer is lying on the surface. Suitable gymnastics clothing helps you to keep your joints and muscles from excessive tension and won’t restrain your movements.
Gymnastics suits are usually made of lycra, elastin, or other elastic material. It can fit on the body, or it can be loose, long-sleeved, or short-sleeved. Unlike a cotton T-shirt and shorts, the special outfit has the following advantages:
- The suit is made of a fairly dense fabric, which provides protection from scratches. Thanks to the density, it will protect your body from possible burns from the surface of the gym floor (though it rarely happens, it is quite painful).
- The leotard’s fabric has excellent breathability, which means that the suit will help your skin to breathe and not become too sweaty so you can focus on your training or performance.
- Aesthetics – in a tight suit, the body looks much more beautiful than in a regular T-shirt. The tight outfit emphasizes all of the muscles and body shape.
To Sum Up
Gymnastics can be a bright and spectacular sport that amazes the viewer with its technique, dynamics, and in particular cases with the costumes that sportsmen wear during their performance. Designers of sportswear for gymnasts take into account these features and create not only a comfortable but also beautiful training uniform.
Clothes for rhythmic and sports gymnastics are quite diverse. Rhythmic gymnastics T-shirts, tops, and boleros will fit as the top of the training suit. For the lower part of the body, there are breeches, leggings, shorts, etc. Sellers of gymnastics clothing regularly create new collections that will not leave even the most demanding buyer indifferent.